The Sedicell is the most recommended Dissolved Air Flotation clarifier for sludge thickening. The mechanically simple and robust construction combined with sophisticated hydraulic design allows constant and reliable performance in any conditions. The construction of the Sedicell allows a fabrication of the tank in stainless steel or in concrete. The sludge extraction can be controllen automatically with a sludge blanket controller. This allows fully automatic operation of the entire installation while maintaining optimal operating conditions.
Sedicell is available in 18 sizes for flows from 34 to 2200 m³/h.
- High floated sludge consistency is easy to achieve and maintain even without polymer
- Low sensitivity to variations in the flow and quality of the influent
- Excellent performance with “difficult” and “fragile” sludge quality. The sludge blanket does not move and the risk of having “sinking flocs” is negligible (the sludge is not pushed to the sludge extraction device as the spiral scoop is travelling around the sludge blanket)
- Excess biological sludge thickening before further de-watering (excellent application in case of biological phosphorous removal or for large amounts of excess sludge. This also reduces the polymer consumption in the sludge de-watering system).
- Biological sludge clarification after aeration tanks gives the possibility to raise the concentration in the aeration tanks up to 8-10 g/l.
- The construction of the Sedicell allows fabrication of the tank in stainless steel or in concrete. The sludge extraction can be controlled automatically with a sludge blanket controller. This allows fully automatic operation of the entire installation while maintaining optimal operating conditions.